As the most unprecedented year in our lifetime came to an end, a new era of fitness trends has shifted up the scale of importance. Our physical lives have become more isolated, closed-circled, but our interactions and relationships are far more reliant on virtual connection.
Attention has shifted so greatly to co-morbidities, the need for health and fitness has escalated as it is becoming more of an evident life or death choice.
With the continual growth and usage of social media applications for a wide range of desires; the fitness platforms have seen a surge with many individuals choosing to not return to commercial exercise facilities, and also with the added benefit of lower cost.
As unprecedented as the times have been, the time to choose quality fitness advice is as unparalleled.
What makes an excellent online fitness professional?
- Accredited or recognised certifications and experience
- Punctuality and professionalism as if they are standing right next to you
- The ability to be flexible and perform assessments and routine “check-ups” to ensure a client is still on track and maintain humanity in the process
- The meticulous attention to quality movement and responsible exercise execution
- Knowledge of co-morbidities and the appropriate exercise prescription
- Really taking the time to notice a client as an individual and working towards your goals
- And because the environment is virtual; a sense of conversation, sanity and even humour will certainly go a far way.
What platforms are available for online training?
The list and possibilities are extensive, with the tag-on of most platforms and applications being re-invented for fitness use. Some stuff is free to pay for and clients have an endless world of click-on.
As active leaders in the fitness industry, sifting through the options is easier as FitPro understands the complexity and diverse requirements of prescribing fitness to the general population. Quality goes without question, along with the need to track changes, implement progression and accurate demonstration and teaching.
In 2020, FitPro introduced the MyWellness Platform hosted by Technogym to learners as a tool for exercise learning and to fitness professionals to utilise for a new stream of income. As professionals jumped to the opportunity and took their commercial clients to a virtual space, relationships were maintained, new relationships were formed and the whole face of fitness professional to client changed dramatically.
As fitness continues to navigate forward through an unprecedented time, the opportunities and avenues for fitness professionals to grow more fingers and utilise a vast array of platforms, faces and applications are there. Fitness will never cease to exist in this new virtual space and it can only get better.
Have you got your fitness online yet?
If you would like more information about the FitPro My Wellness App hosted by Technogym, please feel free to contact us: